Part-Time Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Hours: As scheduled, minimum of 22.5 hours/week. Days and evenings, including weekends.
Rate of Pay: Negotiable - Co-pay benefits available after completion of a successful 3-month probation period
- As driving may be required, we are looking for individuals with a good driving record who have access to a vehicle and a valid class G license with current insurance, which must be presented at the time of interview
- Completion of secondary school and a PSW certificate are required as well as a current First Aid and CPR certificate
- WHMIS training is an asset
- Must be able to work as a team member and with the elderly
- Deliver client focused care within the full scope of practice of a PSW
- Provides personal care in accordance with individual needs
- Assists with meals, feeding, providing nourishment supplements as needed
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the service plan by observing, communicating and recording appropriately
- Reports issues and concerns to the PSW Supervisor or Client Services Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Must have a Vulnerable Sector Police Check – not older than 1 year, and a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and own vehicle.
Applications accepted until October 31, 2019.