Part-Time Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Hours: As scheduled, minimum of 22.5 hours/week. Days and evenings, including weekends.
Rate of Pay: Negotiable - Co-pay benefits available after completion of a successful 3-month probation period
- As driving may be required, we are looking for individuals with a good driving record who have access to a vehicle and a valid class G license with current insurance, which must be presented at the time of interview
- Completion of secondary school and a PSW certificate are required as well as a current First Aid and CPR certificate
- WHMIS training is an asset
- Must be able to work as a team member and with the elderly
- Deliver client focused care within the full scope of practice of a PSW
- Provides personal care in accordance with individual needs
- Assists with meals, feeding, providing nourishment supplements as needed
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the service plan by observing, communicating and recording appropriately
- Reports issues and concerns to the PSW Supervisor or Client Services Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Must have a Vulnerable Sector Police Check – not older than 1 year, and a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and own vehicle.
Applications accepted until October 31, 2019.
As an equal opportunity employer OSCR hires employees without discrimination on the grounds of race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs, colour, gender expression, sexual orientation, sex/pregnancy, citizenship, creed, gender identity, record of offences, age, physical disability, mental disability, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, receipt of public assistance, family status or size. Oakville Senior Citizens welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.