Hours: One-year contract. 3 days per week, including weekends and holidays.
Rate of Pay: $19.59 - $21.59/hour
- Red Seal Certificate or three (3) to five (5) years experience as a cook, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Food handler Certificate
- Sound knowledge of quantity cooking methods and ability to bake
- Sound knowledge of the safe use and maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Sound knowledge of correct food handling and sanitation procedures
- WHMIS training
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to work as a team member and with the elderly
- Maintain a high standard of quality food production and portion control, avoiding waste
- Washes, cuts and prepares food designated for cooking
- Cleans, stocks and restocks workstations
- Operates large volume cooking equipment
- Handles food in accordance with Canada’s Sanitation Code
- Orders and takes delivery of supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports issues and concerns to management
Must have a Vulnerable Sector Police Check – not older than 1 year.
As an equal opportunity employer OSCR hires employees without discrimination on the grounds of race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs, colour, gender expression, sexual orientation, sex/pregnancy, citizenship, creed, gender identity, record of offences, age, physical disability, mental disability, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, receipt of public assistance, family status or size. Oakville Senior Citizens welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.