OSCR takes the health and safety of our clients, staff and visitors very seriously.
OSCR’s safety features include:
- Two-stage fire alarm system with outside monitoring
- Fire drills conducted every three (3) months
- Annual fire drill with evacuation of the recovery wing in the presence of the Fire Department
- Fire alarm tests are conducted monthly by our contractor
- Clients may register with Connect Care Medical Alert System – a service which provides additional personal security in the event that you were unable to reach a phone in a medical emergency
- All washroom facilities are equipped with safety features including safety grab bars
- Staff on duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including all holidays
- Dining room checks are conducted at lunch and dinner. Clients not in attendance will be contacted to ensure that they are safe and well.
- OSCR is working to becoming smoke-free in the Residential Tower – as of July 1, 2013 new clients are not permitted to smoke in their units.
- There is no smoking permitted in any of the public areas and corridors of OSCR. The only place on-site where clients, tenants and guests may smoke is the designated smoking area located on the back patio, South-East side.
Our organization is committed to the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, contractors and visitors and the prevention of occupational injuries and disease. It is our responsibility to effectively manage and communicate our programs regarding health and safety and maintain compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and related regulations. To this end, every employee is responsible for working in a safe and healthy manner and promoting a safe work environment.
OSCR believes that creating and promoting a safe work environment as well as providing safe care and treatment of clients enhances our client’s quality of life.
Halton Region has published an Emergency Preparedness Guide (click to view the guide).